Sunday, June 30, 2013

Camping Trip

This is the kids first camping trip. I was a bit worried about my little 3 years old daughter, how she is going to handle the first night sleeping inside the tent. By 11 pm, both my kids fell deep asleep. It got quite chilly at night so I bundled up my kids to keep warm.  They roasted marshmallows, went fishing, a long walk to get to the beach, catch bugs and ran around with some toys I brought along for them to play. We saw deers, a snake and raccoons. 
I asked my son if he like camping, he nodded and would like to do it again :)

Location: Awenda Provincial Park

Cost: $200 for four of us (two adults and two kids) for camp site

Tent $98 from Walmart, I totally recommend buying the tent that we purchased. It took us less than 5 minute to put up a tent for 6 ppl.  It says set up time, 1 min. The rods are already connected in the tent and all you had to do was open pull the rods n hear a click to secure the rods together. It was awesome!

Food depends how much your family eats. We had hot dogs, viet rolls, hamburgers, mango, salad and ribs. For a family of four for one night stay... Maybe $50 breakfast lunch and dinner

Mosquito repellent: I bought a kids spray repellent bc the green spray bottle that says off! Is not recommended for children under 12. But! I learned that you can take the laundry freshener material bounce thing (not the liquid freshener, the one you toss in the drying machine) and rub it on the kids and it works better than the repellent sprays. 

Gazebo was $100. It also didn't take long to set it up. Bought from Walmart. It's the one with neon colour linings.  Saves a lot of time putting up and down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment